roots

I can't stop taking pictures of farms.

I grew up in the suburbs, in a small town nestled in farmland. I love the way the gold and green dance together behind a blue sky. We have been driving out into the country a lot this summer and when I see hay bales at dusk, my heart beats a little faster. But pictures without people have never done much for me. So I have been using my little guinea pigs (husband and kids) to give a context for the ambiance and nostalgia that I feel when driving by the fields.

The first photo below was so hard for me to edit. I wanted it to look like a painting...and I wanted it to have this euphoric, timeless feel, where anyone looking at it might think it is in HIS locale (city, country, etc.). I tried several actions, but just couldn't get it right. Finally, I found one that worked and adjusted the lighting and then did some burning and dodging and alas, I got what I was envisioning.

And might I add that it's Ezra in the photo. He was screaming and running away from me. Like I have said before, most good things (start or) end in tears. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment