Boys and Summer

I grew up with three sisters and thus the whole raising boys thing is completely new territory for me. Who knew wrestling and tickling on the bed could provide the same satisfaction for my boys as taking my daughter on a two hour shopping/lunch date? They are easy in these wonderful ways that boys simply are.

One of my favorite things about raising boys is watching how they take pleasure in (self-initiated) work. They love feeling strong and capable and the older they get, I have to say, it's coming in more and more handy when it comes to carrying groceries in, taking the trash out, or in the case of this photo, "carrying a watermelon." (Anyone else think of Baby from Dirty Dancing when you read that?)

Summer. Boys. They seem to go together. From the tan line across their lower backs (one of my favorite physical aesthetics on humans) to playing baseball, splashing in the pool, and burying themselves in the sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment