Body. Art.

I recently got a wave of inspiration...I think it was birthed from the warm breeze of summer, some great documentaries, and the reawakening of the beauty that is right under my nose, namely my three kids and a country whose visual aesthetic is endless and boundless and timeless.

So the other day, I packed up Keziah's white dress, Thomas' hat, some suspenders, that were (sadly) met with refusal to be worn, and some markers. The plan: Body Art. I figured with the right backdrop and the freedom to color on each other, what could go wrong? Well, I didn't take into account the heat and the time of day and the awful shadows and light and the certain four year-old who wakes up ridiculously early and is tired by that hour. After some whining and complaining, shirts were removed and the games began. Sure it ended with some tears (as you will see), but then again, most good things do.










2 comments:

  1. Berkley REALLY enjoyed these pictures (as did I!)! Favorite...b/w, arms crossed, 4th set down.

    ReplyDelete